Thursday, February 24, 2011

The kitchen is coming...and perils of renovations

Sneak peek of what's to come, next week the full kitchen reveal...I promise!


I will post full "before and afters" along with a budget, sources and designs!

Ok, this is too funny to pass up, as I was writing this post I heard a crash from the other side of the house...never a good thing.  I figured that our cat and dog (who you haven't met yet!) were roughhousing and had knocked something over.  Well I rush into the kitchen and what do I see? 

A FULL GALLON of paint spread across the kitchen floor about an inch and a half deep.  Of course Bugs hears me coming and runs THROUGH IT and down the CARPETED stairs into the basement.


Apparently Allen had been moving our paint cans around, (why? not sure :) put some in the kitchen and one didn't have the lid on all the way...of course that's the one knocked over!  Anyway, no harm done in the end, I was able to get most of it out of the grout seams and the carpet, not so anyone would notice but me anyway!

This is the main puddle after most of it was cleaned up.  I had to "save" the paint with my pie servers because it's an old color and that was all of it that I had!


Here's wishing you the sense of humor to tackle home renos, have animals...and be married all at the same time!


7 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! The perils of having a husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine!! Your kitchen looks beautiful though, can't wait to see the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will apologize on behalf of husbands everywhere. Looking forward to the kitchen reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there done that and unfortunately I had to take all the blame for the spill, hubby was 700 miles away at the time. LOL I also used spatula to save the paint. The cat hair added texture I was not so sure I wanted.Since it was urethane and I was painting ruff sawn logs the hair was not a problem.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the animals were hiding from me for an hour after I discovered their mess! Fortunately I didn't get too much cat hair in there, Chris I can't imagine having to clean that all up if it was urethane!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!